Monday, March 17, 2008

My ARCHIVE?????

Well, after doing much research on the "young boy" Henry Shute, that my archive (the diary) was written by, I found it to my surprise to be FAKE!!! The author, Henry Shute, created this diary as a was to promote his writings, for he is know as the "Mark Twain of Exeter, NH." He was a juvenial delinquent judge and began a writing career in his 40's. The Diary was a made-up (or speculated anyways) as a promoting tool to gain attention to himself and his writings. Interesting, but disappointing.

Now my archive has changed. I am now working with Saturday Night Live transcripts. There is a website, http://snltranscripts.jt.org/ and it contains many SNL transcripts. So far I have been working with a few spoofs on the OJ Simpson trial, the current Presidential Election, and various guest appearances with Paris Hilton. The karoake would consist of more than one person, unless a monologue, reading these transcripts, much like a play. I am interested in using the SNL skits as a way to humorously look at our current and past political situations and as a reference to pop culture.

1 comment:

Sally said...

I love this! I don't think your archive is any less effective because it is fiction, to which some of our readings will attest. Thanks for sharing this revelation.