Monday, March 3, 2008

Senator Orrin Hatch

If we get the karaoke gig going I would like to specifically focus on senator Orrin Hatch’s testimony in the video Sex and Justice- Highlights of the Anita Hill/ Clarence Thomas hearings.
Lots of entertaining and funny stuff was uttered by many senators, but I always found his lines to be the most theatrical and hysterical. His delivery was always impeccable (to the point to which you know he really wished he was a soap star instead of a senator).Incedentally he actually has recorded a number of albums where I believe( if I recall correctly) he sings on them and maybe plays instruments too.
Anyway ,with lines like “who has put this pubic hair on my can of coke” and the way he repeats with such relish, terms including, “long dong silver” , “pubic hair”,…….. I’m sure they would be the crowd pleasers at the karaoke jam




This( vhs only release) documentary is now out of print and hard to find to buy online.I used to own it but I think it is gone now,but tomorrow I will thoroughly search the Johnny Hanna archive (my container) for it. I will also check to see if our library has it.

No comments: