Here is a film called " The Myth of Camille" by Alex Dimitrov. I found it on You-Tube while researching Derrida. Derrida's "Archival Fever" was the most interesting of the readings for me. He talks about Freuds "death drive/aggresion drive/destruction drive" and I have an example of what I think he means: I think he may be referring to something I call the desire to live in "survival mode". I have noticed, in society, a desire to live in what I call "survival mode". I notice this desire and the acting out of it displayed in popular media and culture here in America. To live in the now, to always have something dramatic happening, to live in fear, to think not beyond the end of the week, to entertain the brain with television, to have an excuse, to live on the edge.
survival mode ---- functional memory ------ to live in the now -------- vertical thinking------- a desire to forget the past in order to be able to move into the future; therefore distroying your own archive. Derrida's ideas seem to be more complex, but does this make sense to anybody??
No comments:
Post a Comment